By Beverly Biehl
Is your office giving you a pep talk or is it reinforcing internal limiting beliefs?
Here are a few Feng Shui tips that will help you re-imagine your space and give you a new outlook as a business owner!
Define success – what does it look like for you?
- Be mindful of the emotions stirred up by items on your desk.
- Select items that represent personal inspiration and aspiration.
Choose your desk wisely
- Metal and glass combo is to be avoided – not safe.
- Wood is best. Dark for staying grounded, light for fast-moving business.
Create your ‘Command Center’
- Have a solid wall to your back and a full view of the door so as to see who is coming into the room.
- If you must face a wall, put an expansive scene in front of you to give your energy somewhere to go.
Grow your business with plants
- Place a business card underneath a thriving plant to symbolically “grow” your business.
- Living plants generate negative ions, which reduce stress and mitigate the high electromagnetic fields that radiate from your computer or cell phone.
- Stuff on the floor symbolizes your past. Too much “storage” on the floor means that you can’t let go of previous hurts, failures, or disappointments, and will sabotage future success.
- Items at eye level represent the “here and now”.
- Future dreams & goals should be placed on shelves that you look up at.
Physically separate your Work space from your Home space as much as possible
- Try to place it as far away from the main flow of the living areas as possible.
- If in the kitchen, don’t face your desk so you look into the kitchen area.
- Place a rug as a visual divider to separate these spaces.
AVOID THE BEDROOM!!!
- This generates resentment with your intimate partner. If you have no intimate partner, work will become a “relationship substitute”, and will block a new person from entering your life.
- If the bedroom is the only place you can work, then create a separate space with a hanging curtain so you can “shut the door” on the office. Never work on your laptop in bed. It’s for sleeping and sex, not emailing!
Beverly Biehl has been a Feng Shui expert since 2004. She uses her intuitive coaching skills to help her clients understand themselves better so they can create a life of intention, meaning, and satisfaction. Contact Beverly@TheIntuitiveInterior.com, and learn more at www.TheIntuitiveInterior.com