Tim Bookout, VP of Sales with Event Architecture, sits down with Host Stephanie Chavez about outdoor live event opportunities you may have in your upcoming marketing plans. If you’re currently doing live events, you probably recognize the seriousness of the points Tim is making. If you’ve never participated before, get prepared for the scenarios you will encounter with these great solutions that win over attendees time and time again.
Outside events typically don’t have event space, and tend to exist in parking lots or large field spaces. Wind, temperature, and entertainment exhaustion are real considerations. Attendees are usually participating for fun, but they may be fact-finding while they’re at it. According to studies, Millennials get excited about experiences. Some companies spend as much as 90% of their marketing budget on experiential events. With the right booth, companies can leverage a portable space that gets used for social media exposure, brand awareness, and even special VIP opportunities you can track.
There are strong correlations between live events and brand success. Tim suggests taking every opportunity to speak, even if only participating in a panel discussion.
How to measure the success of an outside event?
- Calculate foot traffic vs how many came into your booth
- Measure how many came in vs how many engaged with your staff
- Leverage surveys so respondents can leave you valuable feedback
Can you measure your effectiveness as a speaker?
- Get ‘Speaker’ on your name badge, it elevates your brand in the eyes of attendees
- Pay attention to who requested your business card and what they wanted to know more about
- Classify the ‘type’ of conversation that was had
How does creating an immersive environment through external modules strengthen your brand?
- Appearance is an advantage
- Brand ambassadors make the experience fun
- Moderate lighting, climate control, and noise level
- Offers refreshment for phone charging, relaxation, and conversations
Get even more great insight from Event Architecture in this FREE Tip Sheet download. Connect with them on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Tricks of the Trade is sponsored by:
For guest or advertising information, contact Stephanie at 817-262-8168.
- Banner Advertising
- Podcast/Radio Ads
- Segment Sponsor
- Product Mentions
Enjoy the OBBM Network business talk show format on 24/7 OBBM Radio, or subscribe to the OBBM Network Podcast on Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music. Download the Offbeat Business app for iOS and Android to get it all in the palm of your hand, and get OBBM Network TV programs on Roku and Fire TV! Call 214-714-0495 to learn more.